Direct flights to Vietnam
Pay Vietnam a visit and experience interesting culture, great good and stunning landscapes. Here you can learn more about the destination and find direct flights to the largest airports in the country.
The vivid and colorful country of Vietnam has a whole host of attractions, stunning scenery and compelling history which attracts tens of thousands of visitors every year. With an abundance of dazzling beaches, towering mountains, deltas, islands and the verdant paddy fields inland, not to mention the temples, palaces and tombs, visitors to the country really are spoiled for choice.
Nature has blessed Vietnam with a bountiful harvest of soaring mountains, a killer coastline and radiant rice fields, Vietnam is a cracker. Inland, peasant women in conical hats still tend to their fields, children ride buffalos along country paths and minority people scratch out a living from impossible gradients.
Find the best direct flights to Vietnam
If you travel to Vietnam by air you will most likely land at the airport in Ho Chi Minh City or in Hanoi. Both airports offer a bunch of international direct connections – in the list below you find some of the airports with the highest number of direct flights to each destination.
To Ho Chi Minh City
- Direct flights from Singapore (SIN) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Seoul (ICN) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Bangkok (BKK) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Tokyo (NRT) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Paris (CDG) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Frankfurt (FRA) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from San Francisco (SFO) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Direct flights from Bangkok (BKK) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Tokyo (NRT) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Singapore (SIN) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Dubai (DXB) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Frankfurt (FRA) to Hanoi (HAN)
- Direct flights from Delhi (DEL) to Hanoi (HAN)
What to see in Vietnam
The European-influenced cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh are packed with ancient pagodas, traditional markets and colonial buildings which blend with the gleaming skyscrapers, funky bars and gourmet restaurants. Take you pick from the superb museums and galleries to visit as well as exotic temples and pagodas to discover.
Explore Vietnam’s stunning coastline including NhaTrang, Halong Bay with its mystical limestone islands, Phu Quoc Island with its pristine coral reefs and Mui Ne Beach on the east coast. Trek the mountains at Sapa, home to terrace upon terrace of rice paddies and local hill tribes and explore the old imperial capital of Hue, full of ancient treasures and the host of cultural festivals.
How to book a cheap flight to Vietnam
Directflights.com is the fastest growing travel comparison site so try our flight comparison facility to find the best deals on cheap flights to Vietnam. Our top tip when you're searching for the cheapest flights is to book early and travel outside of the busiest times of the year. We can help to find superb offers on low cost flights as well as lastminute flights to Vietnam and thousands of destinations across the world.
Vietnam climate – from north to south
Because of its geography, the climate in Vietnam varies greatly from north to south with three distinct climatic zones. Tropical monsoons occur from October to April in the centre and from May to September in the north and south. It is almost totally dry throughout the rest of the year.
It can get exceptionally hot, however, all year round, but the north has a cooler time between October and April. Temperatures around the country can reach up to 40C in the height of the hot and rainy season (May to September), but the northern highlands and Hanoi can often seem chilly and damp in the winter.