Direct flights to Spain
Visit Spain and experience vibrant cities, wonderful beaches and great food. Read all about Spain here, and learn how to make traveling easy by choosing a direct flight.
The land of flamenco, tapas and the running of the bulls, Spain is popular for its beautiful climate, sandy beaches, fascinating cities and rich heritage. From the sun-drenched beaches in the South to the vibrant cities of Madrid, Seville and Barcelona, the holiday islands of the Balearics and the rugged mountains of The Pyrenees, Spain is a must-see destination.
Travel to Spain by air
The main international airports in Spain include Madrid, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga. These busy airports accept hundreds of flights from all over the world on a daily basis. In the compilation below we have gathered the most frequent direct connections to each Spanish airport – from both other European countries and from the US.
Direct flights to Spain from other European countries
The majority of the air traffic to Spain is destined from other European airports. By following the links below you can see all flight options from the airports with the largest number of flights to each Spanish destination.
- Direct flights from Lisbon (LIS) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from London (LHR) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from Rome (FCO) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from Lisbon (LIS) to Barcelona (BCN)
- Direct flights from Amsterdam (AMS) to Barcelona (BCN)
- Direct flights from Rome (FCO) to Barcelona (BCN)
Palma de Mallorca
- Direct flights from Frankfurt (FRA) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
- Direct flights from Zurich (ZRH) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
- Direct flights from London (LGW) to Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
- Direct flights from London (LGW) to Malaga (AGP)
- Direct flights from Amsterdam (AMS) to Malaga (AGP)
- Direct flights from Copenhagen (CPH) to Malaga (AGP)
Direct flights to Spain from the US
If you want to travel by a direct connection from the US to Spain, you will most likely land at the airport in Madrid or Barcelona. Take a look at the links below to see which American airports offer the most frequent flights.
- Direct flights from Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from Dallas (DFW) to Madrid (MAD)
- Direct flights from New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN)
- Direct flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Barcelona (BCN)
- Direct flights from Chicago (ORD) to Barcelona (BCN)
What not to miss in Spain
Spain’s capital Madrid is full of treasures including a great choice of art galleries, thriving nightlife and live music scene and has a great laid-back lifestyle. The cosmopolitan city of Barcelona boasts superb gothic buildings as well as some off-the-wall architecture and some famous works of art.
Explore the Andalucian city of Granada with its stunning Alhambra and hike and ski Spain’s highest mountains in Sierra Nevada. Beach-lovers will be spoilt for choice with vast expanses of sandy beaches along the Costa del Sol and Costa Brava as well as the many beautiful holiday resorts in the Balearic Islands of Majorca, Menorca and Ibiza.
How to find a cheap flight to Spain
For fantastic offers on cheap flights and lastminute flights to Spain, check out our flight comparison search facility at Directflights.com. The cheapest flights are usually found outside of high season, avoiding the peak holiday periods.
Spanish climate – perfect for vacation
Southern Spain is the ideal holiday region, having the warmest weather on mainland Europe, even during the winter months. The southern and eastern coast of Spain has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild winters, while the west Atlantic coast is cooler in summer and very wet in winter. Inland the climate is temperate and the capital Madrid, which site on a plateau, can be very cold in winter.